At Harlands, our Mission is to constantly evolve the role and perception of an Accountant and we are looking for people who are passionate about just that.
As Financial Controller, your role will consist of:
- Maintain the company’s sales ledger ensuring sales invoices and client receipts are accurately posted and that there is a robust and rigorous system for collecting cash so that the cash collection targets are achieved
- Maintain the company’s purchase ledger and organise supplier payments at no less than 45 days
- Ensure that all bank transactions are accurately recorded, reconciled and Xero up to date daily
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection calculations
- Be responsible for all statutory HMRC returns including VAT and PAYE returns and payments. Annual P35/P60’s and P11Ds
- Processes company's payroll every pay period
- Produce monthly financial management information on time including management accounts showing actual v budget. Identify and analyse variances to ensure there is effective management control over the business and departmental performance and delivery of the annual business plan
- Constantly update a cash flow forecasting system to ensure that the company can meet its current and future commitments, whilst maintaining creditor payments, without breaching bank overdraft limits
- Manage the company’s insurance cover (Professional indemnity and Office) ensuring that all appropriate risks are covered and cover updated annually
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities and inform leadership team and or directors
This role might be for you if:
- You want to be part of a business that has a clear mission and vision
- You enjoy having a large amount of autonomy and flexibility. You will largely be required to manage your own workload
- You enjoy learning, problem solving and thinking outside the box
- You are comfortable challenging colleagues and customers respectfully in order to get the best outcome
- You enjoy being part of a team
- You are results focussed
Alongside monthly 1-2-1s, bi-annual performance reviews, detailed created career pathways and professional exams, you will receive internal and external support to hone your skills.
Every member of our team is key in executing our exciting yet ambitious growth strategy. Two key ways you would be involved in this:
- Working groups are a key way for us to implement large projects. You will have the opportunity to chair, project manage or plan key projects alongside your team mates.
- You will also attend weekly huddles of which the purpose is to share financial and non-financial performance of the business. Some of our company performance measures are Gross Profit, Net Promoter Score, Gross Value Added and New Clients.
- Minimum number of 3 years experience in similar role
- Competent and enjoy using cloud accountancy packages
- Enjoy a fast paced environment