At Harlands, our mission is to constantly evolve the role and perception of an accountant and we are looking for people who are passionate about just that
As Head of Outsourced Finance Services, a typical day might look like;
- Working with your team to build their skills in bookkeeping, VAT, payroll and finance systems
- Working with a client to streamline their finances so they get high quality real time information to help them move forward
- Supporting other departments to deliver advice and guidance to clients
- Answering queries from clients about their financial processing, cashflow or ideas to improve information processing
- Being part of the leadership team and helping implement the strategic objecttives across the firm
- Taking part in new client pitches to build trust and secure new clients to the firm
- Coaching the team to help them to realise their full potential
This role might be for you if;
- You want to be part of a business that has a clear mission and vision
- You like making an impact – one of our key performance indicators is our clients growth
- You enjoy having a large amount of autonomy and flexibility. You will be required to manage your own workload
- You enjoy learning, problem solving and thinking outside the box
- You are comfortable challenging colleagues and customers respectfully in order to get the best outcome
- You enjoy coaching team members
- You enjoy being part of a team
- You are results focussed
If we are to evolve the role of an Accountant into an Advisor, development is key. Alongside monthly 1-2-1s, bi-annual performance reviews, detailed created career pathways and any professional exams, you will receive internal and external support to hone your coaching and advisory skills.
Every member of our team is key in executing our exciting yet ambitious growth strategy. Two key ways you would be involved in this:
- Working groups are a key way for us to implement large projects. You will have the opportunity to chair, project manage or plan key projects alongside your team mates.
- You will also attend weekly huddles of which the purpose is to share financial and non-financial performance of the business. Some of our company performance measures are Gross Profit, Net Promoter Score, Gross Value Added and New Clients.
Some essentials before applying
- You will have experience of coaching and developing a team of people
- A minimum number of five years’ experience within an Accountancy practice
- Competent and enjoy using cloud accountancy packages
- Enjoy a fast paced environment and be prepared to not wear a tie!