Here are the 3 areas we have provided support with;
1) Assisted with the review of financial system in culminating in decision to move away from Sage Line 50 software to bespoke database driven software with a financial module. Worked with client to implement month end checklists delivering monthly reports within 10 days of month end (training non qualified person to complete all bookkeeping and management reporting tasks over an 18 month period).
2) Held quarterly financial review meetings with owner throughout the 5 year period identifying a clear strategy for growth and ensuring implementation – culminating in the introduction of a performance management system (based upon the balanced scorecard methodology) which provides the following benefits to the business :
– Cascades business plan objectives throughout the organisation and into each individuals role
– gives a clear line of sight for every person to the ultimate objectives of the organisation
– provides a basis for recognising and rewarding good performance
– a way of monitoring the businesses performance across all key areas quickly and efficiently
3) Reviewed their personal financial plan and aligned with business projections and targets – culminating in part sale of shareholding to his key team. This allowed him to reduce his current mortgage commitments as well as provide an investment pot for other business related opportunities which he identified as a personal goal of his. He owns the business premises through his SIPP and all his team have a benefits package provided by our financial planning team.