Leave your details below and we’ll give you a call to chat about how we can help your business move forward.
In this episode, we talk to Laura Rosenberger, Co-Founder of Laylo.
Laylo was created to make environmentally conscious drinking a no-brainer... Delicious wine, fresh for 6 weeks in beautifully designed packaging - which just so happens to be better for the planet. We know we still have further to go, and we’re busy working on ways we can reduce our impact even further.
The design of glass wine bottles has barely changed in 200 years. But the amount of bottles and how we ship them around the world really has - and it has become unsustainable.
Laylo believe that drinking great wine is a joy we all deserve. Boxed wine is the smartest alternative, and improvements in the materials used to create the bags means great quality wines will stay tasting great.
Wine in glass bottles doesn't work for how we drink wine today.
The half empty bottles turned to vinegar in the fridge door… The guilty hangovers because you felt obliged to polish off the last drop… And (the worst!) the I-wanted-wine-but-couldn’t-justify-it G&Ts.
After working together at one of the UK’s largest wine companies, Laura and Laura decided to search for a better solution. The answer had been under our noses the whole time - boxed wine!
So they set out to make boxed wine better, by sourcing fantastic wine and creating beautiful boxes you’d be proud to share with friends.
Since then they have won awards, been featured in national newspapers, and sold boxes at Selfridges.
During the chat with Laura, we discuss:
- From Zero to business in the FMCG Sector
- The opportunites, fundraising and challenges of running your own business
- Focussing on 3 things as a business owner to make sure your business is going in the correct direction
- Sustainability - the decision to not use glass bottles
- What the next 12 months for Laylo look like
- Listening to advice, but you don't always have to take it
- Question from a previous guest